Author: Classic Content Dev
Today, businesses are experiencing enormous success in fulfilling the rapidly changing customer needs by adopting the distributed Agile software development methodology, which offers an iterative approach in the software development process.
The two software development methodologies i.e. agile and distributed development can be integrated to deliver extreme benefits to the IT industry in terms of high-quality software production by utilizing optimized resources as compared to traditional development models.
Here are some Challenges faced by distributed software teams:
- Coordinating across time zones
- Collaborating among different development cultures
- Organising and scheduling meetings when both teams are online at the same time
These challenges can be solved using agile practices
What Is Agile Methodology?
Agile methodology is an iterative approach to manage software development projects using sprints work process and that focuses on continuous releases and incorporating customer feedback with every iteration.
The Agile approach embraces the continuous changes that occur in the development of technology-allowing distributed teams to segregate the long test phases, build, processes into smaller segments, delivering efficient software quickly and more frequently.
What Is Agile Distributed Teams?
An agile distributed team is a team that follows an agile methodology and is spread across two or more geographical locations. As such, the team lacks a common physical space and relies on digital technologies in order to run and facilitate the delivery process.
Why Agile Distributed Teams Are Beneficial For Your Business?
Managing a remote team comes with a lot of difficulties and hurdles regarding engagement and collaboration where managers have to constantly rethink their workplace strategy with the changing organizational culture. On the other hand, if applied in the right way the distributed teams will maximize productivity and growth. See how it does it.
- The distributed agile methodology permits us to work seamlessly with our client, exploring opportunities, and ensuring that the project met the requirements on time and budget.
- The distributed agile development provides cost optimization and the talent pool with the tools and advantages of agile development approaches.
- Distributed agile teams require consideration of aspects like work synchronisation, diligent control of deliverables, optimized communications, effective testing framework, and consistent quality assurance framework to ensure the success of distributed agile software development teams.
- Distributed agile teams also strive for continuous improvement in achieving better quality and output with optimal effort.
- Also, a distributed Agile team can bring business agility to the table and produce very robust software while working in a very competitive environment.
All in all, we can say that, if distributed agile system properly deployed then it provides extended talents, flexibility in timelines, lower costs, team and work scalability, and faster turnaround times.
- Instead of focusing on automation of the software development process, remote teams should have more focus on effective agile tools that proved to be the most effective ones.
- Agile process should be clear and precise. The goals to be achieved at each should be predefined and set to all the teams working globally.
- Make the best of Agile practices in software development and have quick execution and quick releases. Define and deliver tasks on a daily basis.
- The sprints should be short and realistic. Prepare a roadmap of all the work processes and defines a set of clear goals to be accomplished.
Agile and Remote at the same time? Yes, it’s possible!
Distributed agile software development teams are the new trends now. A distributed team can be set up to work according to the Agile principles ensuring better effectiveness and adaptability to change. Both the developers and the managers enjoy the benefits of an organization where Agile methodology is followed.
If your team consisted of motivated professionals, then with the implementation of the Agile methodology, you will strengthen your position s a company capable of delivering a quality product within set timeframe and budget.
Tips For Distributed Teams Transforming Into Great Agile Teams
The agile methodology based on the principle of team collaboration, learning, planning, and seamless interaction. It is the new-age development model that provides effective collaboration between remote teams.
- Make use of the right set of tools and effective communication channels
- Have all team members physically work together at one location for a short period during the initial phase
- Let the team describes the ground rules needed to make themselves more effective and successful
- Spread your knowledge evenly across locations
- Enable team members to travel to another location for a certain period of time working side-by-side with remote colleagues
How We Do Agile At Classic Informatics?
Classic Informatics serves its clients across the world by setting its distributed agile teams in different countries-having development and sales team sitting at Gurgaon and Chandigarh office (India), and sales team at London (UK), Sydney (Australia).
Our team of engineers & agile specialists work collaboratively with each other and deliver real-time solutions via remote tools to our global clients.
Our Agile SCRUM certified teams divide the project into sprints with focussed and tangible process defining each cycle. This methodology delivers our clients with fast and efficient software development, accurate estimation of project costs, and feedback at all levels.
Our experts also use Agile Kanban that primarily focuses on a visualised and continuous workflow wherein we break the project down into several segments and prioritise them using a task board, reducing the wait-time. Work-in-process is usually limited in Agile Kanban methodology.
In the end, all I would like to conclude is that agile is a great source for software development as it is capable of self-managing teams; visibility into a prioritized backlog, sprints based workflow. At Classic Informatics, we prefer scrum teams that provide high-speed software development with high quality.
Author: Classic Content Dev
As a Startup entrepreneur, you might often ask yourself questions like how I can deliver top-class features and high-quality experience to my customers, or how much cost does it incur.
I am sure you want to get all things done at one go. After all, providing seamless user experience to the customers should be your primary concern to get faster results and increase ROI.
So, what do you think? Is this possible?
Undoubtedly, the answer is yes. It’s none other than Progressive Web Apps.
What are Progressive Web Apps?
Simply putting, PWAs are an extended version of native apps. It facilitates you to send push notifications and is highly responsive. No need to install the app on your device to use it.
Progressive Web Apps can be loaded directly from a web browser and does not consume any storage space.
Read also: Top 5 Cross-Platform Tools For Developing Mobile Apps
Benefits of Progressive Web Apps To Users:
- Progressive Web Apps facilitate fast load time and work seamlessly both on high and low bandwidth networks.
- It occupies less phone storage space on devices.
- The Progressive Web Apps can be loaded directly from the websites. So, it gives you a hassle-free installation.
- Provides you with an app like experience but are not apps in reality. Not necessary to be launched on any app store or play store.
- Don’t have to maintain and push updates of apps separately as PWAs can be updated along with the website.
- Progressive Web Apps include push notification features and can access a specific certain in-built device features which all hybrid apps cannot.
Benefits of Progressive Web Apps To Small Businesses:
- The development cost of the Progressive Web App is comparatively cheaper than developing a native application.
- Progressive web apps deliver services fast and let business enterprises to focus on business goals.
- Business entrepreneurs save money on development and promotion of an app.
Why Develop Progressive Web Apps?
- Progressive Web Apps are highly responsive. PWAs are mobile devices friendly. They can auto-adjusts the layout according to the device.
- PWAs are more secured as compared to the old ones.
- It can also work on low data networks. PWAs are considered reliable despite network flaws. There is not a big difference between PWAs and native apps.
- It is quite similar to the native app providing similar features like push notification, system integration, display icon on the home screen etc.
- There is an easier installation process in PWAs apps. It lets users avail the features instead of installing the bulky native app.
Read also: Top mobile app development frameworks 2020
Is it crucial For Startups Growth?
In today’s fast-moving digital world, every startup has to buckle up all the things to get their idea to transform into a brilliant one.
Startups are required to build strong clientele and business to accomplish their goals.
Developing and deploying Progressive Web Apps are easier and less time taking. It incurs less cost in terms of maintenance.
- Progressive Web Apps are compatible with all platforms. It gives the platform independence to reach a larger base audience.
- While Progressive Web Apps development, new doors are open for alternative marketing efforts. It permits you to be creative with your customer approach.
- It is considered crucial for e-commerce startups. Push notifications and fast loading of pages are the game-changing features.
In the End
Progressive Web Apps are well equipped with the latest features and functionalities from both worlds-mobile and web apps- push notifications, offline mode, background support etc. These features provide new opportunities for new startup entrepreneurs to reach a large target audience and better user engagement.
Don’t you think it’s worth considering?
Yes, it is. So, all the new-aged startups and small scale businesses can achieve better results by spending less development cost and time. If you want you can consult a good web development company who can help you in developing the best PWAs in no time and less cost.
Author: Classic Content Dev
Nowadays, a large percentage of users depend on mobile apps rather than desktop applications. According to a study, the number of hours users spent on browsing the internet is increasing year by year and that too into installing and accessing mobile apps.
This is the reason why big companies are shifting from desktop applications to mobile applications, which is considered the best way to reach the targeted audience.
The mobile app development companies are all set to hire mobile app developers that hold the expertise in the most trending technologies dominating the market right now.
Presently, a myriad of mobile app development frameworks have increased that permits mobile app development apps in limited time and cost.
For the users, there is a lot to think about in the year 2020.
But we’re always there to help you, in any case, no matter what.
Let’ go through some of the trending mobile app development frameworks that snatch your attention if thinking of mobile app development.
React Native: Top hybrid mobile app framework that developers love to work with
With a single JS codebase, it permits developers to make creative mobile apps. It comes with Native modules and components which facilitate in boosting app performance.
Advantages of React Native
- Optimum code reusability
- Native code rendering
- Facilitates Node.js
- Easier Bug identification
- Node Packet Manager (NPM) installation makes it easy to use for growing developers.
- Less development time
- Plugins to enable compatibility with hardware device components
Disadvantages of React Native
- Not fully cross-platform app framework
- Needs improvement in accessing hardware components
- React Native lacks consistency in terms of releasing updates
- Increases the duration of the debugging process
- Shortcomings in the form of navigation components
- Insufficient custom modules
Flutter: Open Source Native Apps
Flutter is an open-source and free cost-platform framework for developing beautiful, natively compiled apps for mobile and web applications. It is a Google built framework that uses a single code base for iOS and Android app development. It facilitates faster coding.
Also, Flutter permits developers to modify old widgets and build new ones effortlessly.
Advantages of Flutter
- Flexible UI
- Fast reloading
- The Ideal framework for MVP development
- Supports widget style
- Native Performance
- Fast Development
- Cross-Platform Framework
Disadvantages of Flutter
- Latest technology not covered ground yet
- Use only Built-in widgets not platform widgets
- Developers need to learn Dart before implementing Flutter
- Some features have minimal support
Ionic: Superfast App Creation
Ionic is one of the popular cross-platform frameworks built with Angular and Apache Cordova. It develops iconic web applications for three different platforms i.e. iOS, Android and Windows. Using Ionic, it’s quite easy to build PWAs OR Progressive Web Apps.
It helps developers to develop iconic and fantastic designs in the apps. It makes use of DOM to maximize performance and better efficiency.
The Ionic CLI is a tool that helps you in building hybrid apps with TypeScript and Node.js.
Advantages of Ionic
- Cross-Platform Framework
- Platform Independent
- Easy to Adopt
- Built on Angular
Disadvantages of Ionic
- No hot reloading
- Heavily dependent on the plugin
- Not the best for heavy apps
- Navigation designing is complex
Xamarin: Write once, run anywhere
Xamarin is an open-source framework launched in 2011 that uses the same code base for iOS and Android applications and provides an excellent user interface.
Xamarin is considered as the most intelligent frameworks used by the developers. The framework uses C# programming language means there is no need to learn Swift or Java to build iPhone and Android apps.
You can build hybrid apps with Xamarin to give equal performance and UX of a native app.
- Work seamlessly on an array of platforms
- Follows Write once, run anywhere practice
- Uses a single tech stack for faster development
- The framework is quite expensive for business enterprises
- Not recommended when apps built with heavy graphics
- Limited access to important libraries
Well, in the end, all I can say that it’s going to be a tough choice for you to pick the best one from the given. You will get lost in the sea of options when comes to picking the right one.
But it all depends on your business requirements, budget and timeframe constraints. Cross-platform frameworks are worth enough to extend your market reach and save time, especially when considering React Native and Flutter.
I hope this post helps you in taking the best possible decision. For more details, I recommend you to consult a reputed web development company to make sure you are in the right direction.
Author: Classic Content Dev
Whether we are scrolling through our phones, navigating a website, controlling the car displays, or even using the controllers of our thermostats, it is the user interfaces that make up our experience on the screens. Digital displays on the black screens are all around us and constitute the majority of our online experience. In order to make the users stay and engage with the interface, it is imperative that businesses focus their attention on developing an amazing user interface or UI. A great way to make your user interface more intuitive and easy-to-navigate are by integrating it with React and Redux. What are React and Redux and what are their benefits in UI of your application or product development? Keep reading to know more.
What is React?
What is Redux?
Redux keeps the state of the application in store and each component can access any state that it needs from this store.
How can React be used and what are its benefits?
React is a way to build user interfaces. It is only concerned with the front-end. React makes user interfaces very easy to build by cutting each page into pieces. We call these pieces components.
- Putting Components Together: We can put React components inside other components. This is how a page can be built.
Why should React be used?
The following are some of the reasons why React should be used:
- Reusable Components: React provides a component-based structure. Tiny components like button, checkbox, dropdown etc., can be used to create wrapper components composed of those smaller components. And then higher-level wrapper components can be written. And, it goes on like that until you have this one root component and that component is your app.
- Clean Abstraction: One of the powerful sides of React is that it provides a good abstraction which means that it does not expose any complex internals to the user. A basic understanding of a component’s life cycles, states, and props are needed to master React.
- Redux: It is a kind of reinterpretation of flux architecture. It provides a single store which is not required in flux. There is only one single object where you keep all the application data. This makes it easier to observe and manipulate.
Why should Redux be used?
Understanding how Redux works:
There is a central store that holds the entire state of the application. Each component can access the stored state without having to send down props from one component to another.
There are three building parts: actions, store, and reducers.
- Actions in Redux: Actions are events. They are the only way you can send data from your application to your Redux store. The data can be from user interactions, API calls or even form submission. Actions are sent using the store.dispatch() method. As pure functions, they do not change the data in the object passed to it or perform any side effect in the application.
- Store in Redux: The store holds the application state. There is only one store in any Redux application. You can access the state stored, update the state, and register or unregister listeners via helper methods. When using Redux with React, states will no longer need to be lifted up, hence it makes it easier for you to trace which action causes any change.
Other benefits of using Redux:
- Redux makes the state predictable: In Redux, the state is always predictable. If the same state and action are passed to a reducer, the same result is always produced as reducers are pure functions. The state is also immutable and is never changed. This makes it possible to implement arduous tasks like infinite undo and redo.
- Maintainability: Redux is strict about how code should be organized so it makes it easier for someone with knowledge of Redux to understand the structure of any Redux application. This generally makes it easier to maintain.
- Debuggable for days: Redux makes it easy to debug an application. By logging actions and state, it is easy to understand coding errors, network errors and other forms of bugs that might come up during production.
- Ease of testing: It is easy to test Redux apps as functions used to change the state of pure functions.
- Redux can also be used for server-side rendering: With Redux, you can handle the initial render of the app by sending the state of an app to the server along with its response to the server request. The required components are then rendered in HTML and sent to the clients.
Author: Classic Content Dev
In the current digital space, web development has become imperative in establishing, scaling, and promoting any business. This is because we are living in a digital age, where the customer goes to Google before any other type of interaction with the brand. With a website at hand, companies can provide their customers with a platform to interact and relevant information to win their trust.
However, lately, web developers and web development companies have had one question in mind, “React or Angular, Which To Choose?” If you also have the same question, this write-up will eliminate all confusion.
It is used for the following purposes:
- Building user interfaces for single-page applications, typically, for handling the web layer for web and mobile apps.
- It can also be used to create reusable UI components.
- It allows developers to create large web applications that can alter data without reloading the page.
- Its purpose is to be large, scalable and simple. It works primarily on user interfaces in applications.
How can it be used effectively?
There are many ways that can help you use React more effective for your web development. If you are wondering how you can use React effectively, these are the ways to use it:
In 2015, Facebook had announced that React has native libraries. These libraries provide the React architecture to native applications like the IOS, Android, and UPD.
Single-Way data flow
In React, a set of unchangeable values are passed to the component’s renderer as properties in the HTML tags. The component cannot modify any properties but can issue a call back function which enables modifications. The complete process is known as “properties flow down; actions flow up”.
Virtual Document Object Model
React provides an in-memory data structure cache which computes the modifications and then updates the browser. This allows programmers to code as if the whole page is rendered on each modification.
Why should You Choose React For Development?
Although there are many hot and trending web development technologies in the digital ecosystem, React still comes out as one of the strongest technologies. Apart from being utilized by well-known apps such as Facebook, Instagram, and Netflix, proving its importance and usability, the following reasons would also prove why one should take React development services:
Easily To Learn
With basic and prior knowledge in programming, React becomes easy to learn and simple to grasp. In the case of “Domain-specific language” such as Angular, the learning process could become more tedious, however, with React, only the basic knowledge of CSS and HTML becomes necessary.
It can be used to create mobile applications and enables extensive code reusability. This allows the simultaneous production of IOS, Android and Web applications.
React utilizes one-way data binding and an application architecture called Flux. Flux controls the flow of data to components through on control point, which is the dispatcher. This allows for easier debugging of self-contained components of large ReactJS apps.
React does not require any built-in container for dependency. Modules such as Browserify, Require JS, ECMAScript 6 can be used via Babel to inject dependencies.
React Development Company can use React to develop applications that are easy to test. React views can be seen as functions of the state. The state can be manipulated by passing it through ReactJS view. Once this is done, the output, triggered actions, events, and functions can then be analyzed to test its functionality.
Angular is a web development platform built in TypeScript. It provides developers with excellent tools for creating the client-side of Web applications. It is a framework that is utilized for building single-page applications. Although companies can hire Angular Developers for better usage of the platform, many web development companies even outsource Angular development for getting their web apps built.
Why Take Angular Development Services?
Apart from being utilized for building websites such as YouTubeTV, Google Cloud, and Crunch Base, here are some of the reasons why companies should turn to Angular Development:
- Detailed Documentation
Angular allows for detailed documentation through which developers can find the necessary information without asking their colleagues. This allows developers to formulate technical solutions and solve emerging issues.
- Google Support
Angular has Google support, making it a reliable platform for developers to work on.
- Excellent ecosystem for third-party components
The increasing popularity of Angular has lead to the emergence of several additional tools and components that can be used in Angular apps. This has resulted in additional functionality and productivity improvements.
- Component-based architecture
According to this architecture, an app can be divided into its logical and independent components. These components can then be easily replaced, decoupled and reused in other parts of the app. Component independence also makes it easier to test a web app, ensuring that all the components work seamlessly.
CLI aids in the automation of the whole development process of an app. It is one of the most favored features of Angular. This makes app initialization, configuration, and development, much easier. It also enables the creation of a new Angular project, the addition of features to the project and end-to-end tests, with a few commands. It increases code quality and facilitates development.
- Angular Universal
It uses service-side rendering and provides many benefits to a project. It employs web-crawlers to improve the web app’s rank in the various service engines. It also decreased page load time and improves performance on mobile devices. These factors aid in increasing the number of users on the website.
Choosing between React and Angular Development
In order to check which development services would aid a project, the following factors need to be taken into consideration:
- Sustainability for projects of various sizes
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Development Speed
- React: It employs an efficient approach to updating the DOM, which subsequently increases the app performance.
- Angular: It modifies the DOM directly in the browser which may not be convenient for users with older computers or slow mobile devices, because, updating the DOM will require a lot of CPU cycles and slow down applications. With too many bindings between the parts of the application, Angular displays delays which can utilize a lot of the memory from the client’s device.
Sustainability for projects of various sizes
For a Minimum Viable Project with basic features, Angular will prove to be better than React. This is because Angular already has the necessary features for developers to create such a project. However, in the case of adding new functionality to Angular, the developers will experience constraints owing to its rigid architecture.
You can hire React developers for creating single-page applications but is a viable choice only if the application grows in the future. Its flexible architecture allows more changes in web app development. However, it offers less functionality outside the box, which increases the time spent on the pre-development stages. If the resulting application is small, it would be more beneficial to use Angular, as the extra development required for React would be of no use, for such an application.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
The speed for the development through either Angular or React depends on the number of libraries with ready functionality that are accessible to the developer. And the speed plays a vital role in your Search Engine Optimization.
The list of ReactJS libraries is hardly comprehensive. This makes the initial stages of an app development more tedious and difficult to navigate.
Angular has a more comprehensive list of libraries that can be instantly added to the app’s dependencies and can push-start its development.
One can choose a React Development Company for:
- The extended functionality of an application, in the future.
- An application that will update the views simultaneously and constantly.
- If a slower initial stage of development is feasible.
One can go for Angular Development Services for:
- A Minimum Viable Product
- An application that updates only several parts of one view at a time.
- If the development of an app needs to happen immediately.
Depending on the type of web application you require, you can choose between React and Angular development. Both are very powerful technologies or frameworks for creating web applications.
Classic Informatics, a leading web development company in Australia. Whether you are looking for extended teams for your React development or Angular development, we have expert developers to get it done. We follow an agile methodology and ensure that your project is completed successfully within the committed time. You can get in touch with us to hire React developers or Angular developers for your web app development.