Today, businesses are experiencing enormous success in fulfilling the rapidly changing customer needs by adopting the distributed Agile software development methodology, which offers an iterative approach in the software development process.
The two software development methodologies i.e. agile and distributed development can be integrated to deliver extreme benefits to the IT industry in terms of high-quality software production by utilizing optimized resources as compared to traditional development models.
Here are some Challenges faced by distributed software teams:
- Coordinating across time zones
- Collaborating among different development cultures
- Organising and scheduling meetings when both teams are online at the same time
These challenges can be solved using agile practices
What Is Agile Methodology?
Agile methodology is an iterative approach to manage software development projects using sprints work process and that focuses on continuous releases and incorporating customer feedback with every iteration.
The Agile approach embraces the continuous changes that occur in the development of technology-allowing distributed teams to segregate the long test phases, build, processes into smaller segments, delivering efficient software quickly and more frequently.
What Is Agile Distributed Teams?
An agile distributed team is a team that follows an agile methodology and is spread across two or more geographical locations. As such, the team lacks a common physical space and relies on digital technologies in order to run and facilitate the delivery process.
Why Agile Distributed Teams Are Beneficial For Your Business?
Managing a remote team comes with a lot of difficulties and hurdles regarding engagement and collaboration where managers have to constantly rethink their workplace strategy with the changing organizational culture. On the other hand, if applied in the right way the distributed teams will maximize productivity and growth. See how it does it.
- The distributed agile methodology permits us to work seamlessly with our client, exploring opportunities, and ensuring that the project met the requirements on time and budget.
- The distributed agile development provides cost optimization and the talent pool with the tools and advantages of agile development approaches.
- Distributed agile teams require consideration of aspects like work synchronisation, diligent control of deliverables, optimized communications, effective testing framework, and consistent quality assurance framework to ensure the success of distributed agile software development teams.
- Distributed agile teams also strive for continuous improvement in achieving better quality and output with optimal effort.
- Also, a distributed Agile team can bring business agility to the table and produce very robust software while working in a very competitive environment.
All in all, we can say that, if distributed agile system properly deployed then it provides extended talents, flexibility in timelines, lower costs, team and work scalability, and faster turnaround times.
- Instead of focusing on automation of the software development process, remote teams should have more focus on effective agile tools that proved to be the most effective ones.
- Agile process should be clear and precise. The goals to be achieved at each should be predefined and set to all the teams working globally.
- Make the best of Agile practices in software development and have quick execution and quick releases. Define and deliver tasks on a daily basis.
- The sprints should be short and realistic. Prepare a roadmap of all the work processes and defines a set of clear goals to be accomplished.
Agile and Remote at the same time? Yes, it’s possible!
Distributed agile software development teams are the new trends now. A distributed team can be set up to work according to the Agile principles ensuring better effectiveness and adaptability to change. Both the developers and the managers enjoy the benefits of an organization where Agile methodology is followed.
If your team consisted of motivated professionals, then with the implementation of the Agile methodology, you will strengthen your position s a company capable of delivering a quality product within set timeframe and budget.
Tips For Distributed Teams Transforming Into Great Agile Teams
The agile methodology based on the principle of team collaboration, learning, planning, and seamless interaction. It is the new-age development model that provides effective collaboration between remote teams.
- Make use of the right set of tools and effective communication channels
- Have all team members physically work together at one location for a short period during the initial phase
- Let the team describes the ground rules needed to make themselves more effective and successful
- Spread your knowledge evenly across locations
- Enable team members to travel to another location for a certain period of time working side-by-side with remote colleagues
How We Do Agile At Classic Informatics?
Classic Informatics serves its clients across the world by setting its distributed agile teams in different countries-having development and sales team sitting at Gurgaon and Chandigarh office (India), and sales team at London (UK), Sydney (Australia).
Our team of engineers & agile specialists work collaboratively with each other and deliver real-time solutions via remote tools to our global clients.
Our Agile SCRUM certified teams divide the project into sprints with focussed and tangible process defining each cycle. This methodology delivers our clients with fast and efficient software development, accurate estimation of project costs, and feedback at all levels.
Our experts also use Agile Kanban that primarily focuses on a visualised and continuous workflow wherein we break the project down into several segments and prioritise them using a task board, reducing the wait-time. Work-in-process is usually limited in Agile Kanban methodology.
In the end, all I would like to conclude is that agile is a great source for software development as it is capable of self-managing teams; visibility into a prioritized backlog, sprints based workflow. At Classic Informatics, we prefer scrum teams that provide high-speed software development with high quality.
As a Startup entrepreneur, you might often ask yourself questions like how I can deliver top-class features and high-quality experience to my customers, or how much cost does it incur.
I am sure you want to get all things done at one go. After all, providing seamless user experience to the customers should be your primary concern to get faster results and increase ROI.
So, what do you think? Is this possible?
Undoubtedly, the answer is yes. It’s none other than Progressive Web Apps.
What are Progressive Web Apps?
Simply putting, PWAs are an extended version of native apps. It facilitates you to send push notifications and is highly responsive. No need to install the app on your device to use it.
Progressive Web Apps can be loaded directly from a web browser and does not consume any storage space.
Read also: Top 5 Cross-Platform Tools For Developing Mobile Apps
Benefits of Progressive Web Apps To Users:
- Progressive Web Apps facilitate fast load time and work seamlessly both on high and low bandwidth networks.
- It occupies less phone storage space on devices.
- The Progressive Web Apps can be loaded directly from the websites. So, it gives you a hassle-free installation.
- Provides you with an app like experience but are not apps in reality. Not necessary to be launched on any app store or play store.
- Don’t have to maintain and push updates of apps separately as PWAs can be updated along with the website.
- Progressive Web Apps include push notification features and can access a specific certain in-built device features which all hybrid apps cannot.
Benefits of Progressive Web Apps To Small Businesses:
- The development cost of the Progressive Web App is comparatively cheaper than developing a native application.
- Progressive web apps deliver services fast and let business enterprises to focus on business goals.
- Business entrepreneurs save money on development and promotion of an app.
Why Develop Progressive Web Apps?
- Progressive Web Apps are highly responsive. PWAs are mobile devices friendly. They can auto-adjusts the layout according to the device.
- PWAs are more secured as compared to the old ones.
- It can also work on low data networks. PWAs are considered reliable despite network flaws. There is not a big difference between PWAs and native apps.
- It is quite similar to the native app providing similar features like push notification, system integration, display icon on the home screen etc.
- There is an easier installation process in PWAs apps. It lets users avail the features instead of installing the bulky native app.
Read also: Top mobile app development frameworks 2020
Is it crucial For Startups Growth?
In today’s fast-moving digital world, every startup has to buckle up all the things to get their idea to transform into a brilliant one.
Startups are required to build strong clientele and business to accomplish their goals.
Developing and deploying Progressive Web Apps are easier and less time taking. It incurs less cost in terms of maintenance.
- Progressive Web Apps are compatible with all platforms. It gives the platform independence to reach a larger base audience.
- While Progressive Web Apps development, new doors are open for alternative marketing efforts. It permits you to be creative with your customer approach.
- It is considered crucial for e-commerce startups. Push notifications and fast loading of pages are the game-changing features.
In the End
Progressive Web Apps are well equipped with the latest features and functionalities from both worlds-mobile and web apps- push notifications, offline mode, background support etc. These features provide new opportunities for new startup entrepreneurs to reach a large target audience and better user engagement.
Don’t you think it’s worth considering?
Yes, it is. So, all the new-aged startups and small scale businesses can achieve better results by spending less development cost and time. If you want you can consult a good web development company who can help you in developing the best PWAs in no time and less cost.
Nowadays, a large percentage of users depend on mobile apps rather than desktop applications. According to a study, the number of hours users spent on browsing the internet is increasing year by year and that too into installing and accessing mobile apps.
This is the reason why big companies are shifting from desktop applications to mobile applications, which is considered the best way to reach the targeted audience.
The mobile app development companies are all set to hire mobile app developers that hold the expertise in the most trending technologies dominating the market right now.
Presently, a myriad of mobile app development frameworks have increased that permits mobile app development apps in limited time and cost.
For the users, there is a lot to think about in the year 2020.
But we’re always there to help you, in any case, no matter what.
Let’ go through some of the trending mobile app development frameworks that snatch your attention if thinking of mobile app development.
React Native: Top hybrid mobile app framework that developers love to work with
With a single JS codebase, it permits developers to make creative mobile apps. It comes with Native modules and components which facilitate in boosting app performance.
Advantages of React Native
- Optimum code reusability
- Native code rendering
- Facilitates Node.js
- Easier Bug identification
- Node Packet Manager (NPM) installation makes it easy to use for growing developers.
- Less development time
- Plugins to enable compatibility with hardware device components
Disadvantages of React Native
- Not fully cross-platform app framework
- Needs improvement in accessing hardware components
- React Native lacks consistency in terms of releasing updates
- Increases the duration of the debugging process
- Shortcomings in the form of navigation components
- Insufficient custom modules
Flutter: Open Source Native Apps
Flutter is an open-source and free cost-platform framework for developing beautiful, natively compiled apps for mobile and web applications. It is a Google built framework that uses a single code base for iOS and Android app development. It facilitates faster coding.
Also, Flutter permits developers to modify old widgets and build new ones effortlessly.
Advantages of Flutter
- Flexible UI
- Fast reloading
- The Ideal framework for MVP development
- Supports widget style
- Native Performance
- Fast Development
- Cross-Platform Framework
Disadvantages of Flutter
- Latest technology not covered ground yet
- Use only Built-in widgets not platform widgets
- Developers need to learn Dart before implementing Flutter
- Some features have minimal support
Ionic: Superfast App Creation
Ionic is one of the popular cross-platform frameworks built with Angular and Apache Cordova. It develops iconic web applications for three different platforms i.e. iOS, Android and Windows. Using Ionic, it’s quite easy to build PWAs OR Progressive Web Apps.
It helps developers to develop iconic and fantastic designs in the apps. It makes use of DOM to maximize performance and better efficiency.
The Ionic CLI is a tool that helps you in building hybrid apps with TypeScript and Node.js.
Advantages of Ionic
- Cross-Platform Framework
- Platform Independent
- Easy to Adopt
- Built on Angular
Disadvantages of Ionic
- No hot reloading
- Heavily dependent on the plugin
- Not the best for heavy apps
- Navigation designing is complex
Xamarin: Write once, run anywhere
Xamarin is an open-source framework launched in 2011 that uses the same code base for iOS and Android applications and provides an excellent user interface.
Xamarin is considered as the most intelligent frameworks used by the developers. The framework uses C# programming language means there is no need to learn Swift or Java to build iPhone and Android apps.
You can build hybrid apps with Xamarin to give equal performance and UX of a native app.
- Work seamlessly on an array of platforms
- Follows Write once, run anywhere practice
- Uses a single tech stack for faster development
- The framework is quite expensive for business enterprises
- Not recommended when apps built with heavy graphics
- Limited access to important libraries
Well, in the end, all I can say that it’s going to be a tough choice for you to pick the best one from the given. You will get lost in the sea of options when comes to picking the right one.
But it all depends on your business requirements, budget and timeframe constraints. Cross-platform frameworks are worth enough to extend your market reach and save time, especially when considering React Native and Flutter.
I hope this post helps you in taking the best possible decision. For more details, I recommend you to consult a reputed web development company to make sure you are in the right direction.