Whether we are scrolling through our phones, navigating a website, controlling the car displays, or even using the controllers of our thermostats, it is the user interfaces that make up our experience on the screens. Digital displays on the black screens are all around us and constitute the majority of our online experience. In order to make the users stay and engage with the interface, it is imperative that businesses focus their attention on developing an amazing user interface or UI. A great way to make your user interface more intuitive and easy-to-navigate are by integrating it with React and Redux. What are React and Redux and what are their benefits in UI of your application or product development? Keep reading to know more.
What is React?
What is Redux?
Redux keeps the state of the application in store and each component can access any state that it needs from this store.
How can React be used and what are its benefits?
React is a way to build user interfaces. It is only concerned with the front-end. React makes user interfaces very easy to build by cutting each page into pieces. We call these pieces components.
- Putting Components Together: We can put React components inside other components. This is how a page can be built.
Why should React be used?
The following are some of the reasons why React should be used:
- Reusable Components: React provides a component-based structure. Tiny components like button, checkbox, dropdown etc., can be used to create wrapper components composed of those smaller components. And then higher-level wrapper components can be written. And, it goes on like that until you have this one root component and that component is your app.
- Clean Abstraction: One of the powerful sides of React is that it provides a good abstraction which means that it does not expose any complex internals to the user. A basic understanding of a component’s life cycles, states, and props are needed to master React.
- Redux: It is a kind of reinterpretation of flux architecture. It provides a single store which is not required in flux. There is only one single object where you keep all the application data. This makes it easier to observe and manipulate.
Why should Redux be used?
Understanding how Redux works:
There is a central store that holds the entire state of the application. Each component can access the stored state without having to send down props from one component to another.
There are three building parts: actions, store, and reducers.
- Actions in Redux: Actions are events. They are the only way you can send data from your application to your Redux store. The data can be from user interactions, API calls or even form submission. Actions are sent using the store.dispatch() method. As pure functions, they do not change the data in the object passed to it or perform any side effect in the application.
- Store in Redux: The store holds the application state. There is only one store in any Redux application. You can access the state stored, update the state, and register or unregister listeners via helper methods. When using Redux with React, states will no longer need to be lifted up, hence it makes it easier for you to trace which action causes any change.
Other benefits of using Redux:
- Redux makes the state predictable: In Redux, the state is always predictable. If the same state and action are passed to a reducer, the same result is always produced as reducers are pure functions. The state is also immutable and is never changed. This makes it possible to implement arduous tasks like infinite undo and redo.
- Maintainability: Redux is strict about how code should be organized so it makes it easier for someone with knowledge of Redux to understand the structure of any Redux application. This generally makes it easier to maintain.
- Debuggable for days: Redux makes it easy to debug an application. By logging actions and state, it is easy to understand coding errors, network errors and other forms of bugs that might come up during production.
- Ease of testing: It is easy to test Redux apps as functions used to change the state of pure functions.
- Redux can also be used for server-side rendering: With Redux, you can handle the initial render of the app by sending the state of an app to the server along with its response to the server request. The required components are then rendered in HTML and sent to the clients.
In the current digital space, web development has become imperative in establishing, scaling, and promoting any business. This is because we are living in a digital age, where the customer goes to Google before any other type of interaction with the brand. With a website at hand, companies can provide their customers with a platform to interact and relevant information to win their trust.
However, lately, web developers and web development companies have had one question in mind, “React or Angular, Which To Choose?” If you also have the same question, this write-up will eliminate all confusion.
It is used for the following purposes:
- Building user interfaces for single-page applications, typically, for handling the web layer for web and mobile apps.
- It can also be used to create reusable UI components.
- It allows developers to create large web applications that can alter data without reloading the page.
- Its purpose is to be large, scalable and simple. It works primarily on user interfaces in applications.
How can it be used effectively?
There are many ways that can help you use React more effective for your web development. If you are wondering how you can use React effectively, these are the ways to use it:
In 2015, Facebook had announced that React has native libraries. These libraries provide the React architecture to native applications like the IOS, Android, and UPD.
Single-Way data flow
In React, a set of unchangeable values are passed to the component’s renderer as properties in the HTML tags. The component cannot modify any properties but can issue a call back function which enables modifications. The complete process is known as “properties flow down; actions flow up”.
Virtual Document Object Model
React provides an in-memory data structure cache which computes the modifications and then updates the browser. This allows programmers to code as if the whole page is rendered on each modification.
Why should You Choose React For Development?
Although there are many hot and trending web development technologies in the digital ecosystem, React still comes out as one of the strongest technologies. Apart from being utilized by well-known apps such as Facebook, Instagram, and Netflix, proving its importance and usability, the following reasons would also prove why one should take React development services:
Easily To Learn
With basic and prior knowledge in programming, React becomes easy to learn and simple to grasp. In the case of “Domain-specific language” such as Angular, the learning process could become more tedious, however, with React, only the basic knowledge of CSS and HTML becomes necessary.
It can be used to create mobile applications and enables extensive code reusability. This allows the simultaneous production of IOS, Android and Web applications.
React utilizes one-way data binding and an application architecture called Flux. Flux controls the flow of data to components through on control point, which is the dispatcher. This allows for easier debugging of self-contained components of large ReactJS apps.
React does not require any built-in container for dependency. Modules such as Browserify, Require JS, ECMAScript 6 can be used via Babel to inject dependencies.
React Development Company can use React to develop applications that are easy to test. React views can be seen as functions of the state. The state can be manipulated by passing it through ReactJS view. Once this is done, the output, triggered actions, events, and functions can then be analyzed to test its functionality.
Angular is a web development platform built in TypeScript. It provides developers with excellent tools for creating the client-side of Web applications. It is a framework that is utilized for building single-page applications. Although companies can hire Angular Developers for better usage of the platform, many web development companies even outsource Angular development for getting their web apps built.
Why Take Angular Development Services?
Apart from being utilized for building websites such as YouTubeTV, Google Cloud, and Crunch Base, here are some of the reasons why companies should turn to Angular Development:
- Detailed Documentation
Angular allows for detailed documentation through which developers can find the necessary information without asking their colleagues. This allows developers to formulate technical solutions and solve emerging issues.
- Google Support
Angular has Google support, making it a reliable platform for developers to work on.
- Excellent ecosystem for third-party components
The increasing popularity of Angular has lead to the emergence of several additional tools and components that can be used in Angular apps. This has resulted in additional functionality and productivity improvements.
- Component-based architecture
According to this architecture, an app can be divided into its logical and independent components. These components can then be easily replaced, decoupled and reused in other parts of the app. Component independence also makes it easier to test a web app, ensuring that all the components work seamlessly.
CLI aids in the automation of the whole development process of an app. It is one of the most favored features of Angular. This makes app initialization, configuration, and development, much easier. It also enables the creation of a new Angular project, the addition of features to the project and end-to-end tests, with a few commands. It increases code quality and facilitates development.
- Angular Universal
It uses service-side rendering and provides many benefits to a project. It employs web-crawlers to improve the web app’s rank in the various service engines. It also decreased page load time and improves performance on mobile devices. These factors aid in increasing the number of users on the website.
Choosing between React and Angular Development
In order to check which development services would aid a project, the following factors need to be taken into consideration:
- Sustainability for projects of various sizes
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Development Speed
- React: It employs an efficient approach to updating the DOM, which subsequently increases the app performance.
- Angular: It modifies the DOM directly in the browser which may not be convenient for users with older computers or slow mobile devices, because, updating the DOM will require a lot of CPU cycles and slow down applications. With too many bindings between the parts of the application, Angular displays delays which can utilize a lot of the memory from the client’s device.
Sustainability for projects of various sizes
For a Minimum Viable Project with basic features, Angular will prove to be better than React. This is because Angular already has the necessary features for developers to create such a project. However, in the case of adding new functionality to Angular, the developers will experience constraints owing to its rigid architecture.
You can hire React developers for creating single-page applications but is a viable choice only if the application grows in the future. Its flexible architecture allows more changes in web app development. However, it offers less functionality outside the box, which increases the time spent on the pre-development stages. If the resulting application is small, it would be more beneficial to use Angular, as the extra development required for React would be of no use, for such an application.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
The speed for the development through either Angular or React depends on the number of libraries with ready functionality that are accessible to the developer. And the speed plays a vital role in your Search Engine Optimization.
The list of ReactJS libraries is hardly comprehensive. This makes the initial stages of an app development more tedious and difficult to navigate.
Angular has a more comprehensive list of libraries that can be instantly added to the app’s dependencies and can push-start its development.
One can choose a React Development Company for:
- The extended functionality of an application, in the future.
- An application that will update the views simultaneously and constantly.
- If a slower initial stage of development is feasible.
One can go for Angular Development Services for:
- A Minimum Viable Product
- An application that updates only several parts of one view at a time.
- If the development of an app needs to happen immediately.
Depending on the type of web application you require, you can choose between React and Angular development. Both are very powerful technologies or frameworks for creating web applications.
Classic Informatics, a leading web development company in Australia. Whether you are looking for extended teams for your React development or Angular development, we have expert developers to get it done. We follow an agile methodology and ensure that your project is completed successfully within the committed time. You can get in touch with us to hire React developers or Angular developers for your web app development.